Thursday 12 February 2009

end of module self evaluation OUGD102

1. what practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
throughout this module i have learnt how beneficial constant documentation of my design process is. I have continually been doucmenting in sketch books and design sheets. this process of recording thoughts, observations and ideas has helped resolve my final products. I've also learnt the importance of a 'professional finish' when bookmaking. During this module I've learnt how to book bind, use indesign, page layout and photoshop. I've applied all of these skills to my 'book of 100' and throughout this module.


2. what approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
again, the use of sketch books and work sheets has aided my development process greatly. Simply by being able to back track and visually see where an inital idea originated and how is a great tool for development. As for probelm solving, I've found whenever i have a worry or doubt over anything - crits always seem to solve that. recently more than ever, I've really been appreciating the value of the opinions gained from crit sessions. On more than one occasion I've come away from a crit with an idea I would never have thought of myself.


3. what strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
i know that illustration is what im best at; i feel i've really pushed myself these past few weeks. I've enjoyed it so much. Previously I'd feel the need to go out of my comfort zone and try new things. This module has shown me that it's fine to stick to what im good at. i really love bookbinding, being able to incorporate my two passions, book binding and illustration was great. I really enjoyed the collecting of data in the '100' project. I know im good at organising things and putting things into a specific order. I really enjoyed that.


4.what weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I find myself wanting to learn more digital skills. I feel that although i know the basics of the software we use, i dont know enough to make what I would like to. I feel as though I will need to address this soon and build up my skills. I'd also like to learn more about digital photography, as i only use film on a regular basis.


5.identify five things you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1) experiment more - i want to be more daring with materials, doing this i hope to gain confidence in my design process
2) blog more - i dont feel as though i've done enough this module
3) generally produce more work
4)-
5)-


ATTENDANCE - 5
PUNCTUALITY-5
MOTIVATION-5
COMMITMENT-5
QUANTITY OF WORK PRODUCED -4
QUALITY OF WORK PRODUCED -4
CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP -4




No comments: